It seems as if Americans are finally waking up to the fact that we are what we eat.**** There are seemingly unlimited types of diet information available including Atkins, South Beach, Blood Type, Gland Type, Low fat, etc. etc. Sometime too much information can be as confusing as a lack of information.
As such, we have included the top 5 foods from some of the major groups of foods.
- Atlantic Salmon
- Canadian-style bacon
- Turkey breast
- Venison or Yellow fin Tuna
- pork . . . . Both are known contributors to arthritis.
- Brown rice
- Wild rice
- processed white rice. Processed anything for that matter. . . . .
- enriched pastas
- Granny Smith apples
- Be careful of canned fruits as they contain high amounts of sugar.
Avoid: 1. Again be careful of canned vegetables as most of the nutrition is absent.
Also be sure to wash prior to eating as many pesticides and other impurities may be present.
Dairy or “Dairy-like”/Egg Products
- Soy milk (this or almond milk is an excellent substitute for cow’s milk)
- Pure butter
- Goat’s milk
- Cottage cheese
- Margarine. Perhaps the worse substance created.
- Lima beans
- Kidney beans
- Raw firm tofu
Avoid: 1. Again be careful of canned vegetables as most of the nutrition is absent. Also be sure to wash prior to eating as many pesticides and other impurities may be present.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Peanuts if you have lung problems such as allergies.
- Overly-processed oils
Now imagine if you substituted one or 2 of the above every week. How healthy would you be?
A little effort. . . A lot of reward.